Have you ever come up with a brilliant idea for a mobile app or platform and wished you knew how to build it so you could become the next photo sharing website?
You could design the application needed for your company, or help streamline some business processes.
No more wishing. No-code and low-code app builders can help you create applications without having to hire a coding team.
What is a No Code App Builder?
No-code application builders allow designers, artists, and creatives to develop usable software quickly. No-code development platforms help anyone make fully functional apps with simple visual editors that offer pre-coded elements like text boxes, videos, buttons, etc.
Drag-and-drop tools, WYSIWYG editors, beautiful design, and cloud-based spreadsheets to house your data before it is displayed are some of the things no-code development platforms do.
- Most no-code platforms are used for project management.
- It’s true that others are just to help you build applications for your company.
How Do No-Code App Builders Work?
Most of the no-code development platforms follow the same steps.
It is helpful to prepare your data before you start designing your app. It will be easier to design an app if you know what information you are including. Pick from pre-made templates or start from scratch with the text, images, and other elements. How do people use your app after you add elements, automations, and actions? What actions should they take? Does your app let them get where they want to go? There are different views you can use to test and deploy. Get feedback on how your app is being used and what edits you have to make before sharing.
The Best No-Code App Builders
Bubble allows you to make any app with no code. You build a prototype to test out your idea and then share it with your customers. Bubble hosts and deploys your application so you don’t need a server.
They allow you to see how it works by editing their own website.
Bubble is a no code app builder. Venture capitalist agree. Bubble raised over $100 million to make its no code app builder a reality.
- Mobile-friendly and dynamic content
- There is no hard limit on the number of users, traffic or storage.
- Password or OAuth 2.0 logins
- Email, SEO, analytics, and other integrations
- Dynamic and static content elements for increased interaction
Bubble offers a free option and agency subscription model, as well as discounts for students and nonprofits, so anyone can get started with app-building in no time. memberships include:
- Personal: $25/month
- Professional: $115/month
- Production: $475/month
Bubble is going to be for building applications. They are still working out the bugs as they grow and improve.
2. Appy Pie
Appy Pie is a strong no-code app builder that allows you to create native apps with pre-set templates and color themes that you can modify for your needs. Appy Pie is one of the best no-code app makers out there. Building applications for users from students to professionals is one of the courses that they offer.
- Real-time interface edits
- Application testing and analytics
- Offline usage and updating
- Works for both mobile devices and an app store.
- Conversion option from websites to apps
What can Appy Pie do?
- Basic: $16/app/month (supports Android)
- Gold: $36/app/month (supports Android)
- Platinum: $60/app/month (also supports iOS apps)
Some users wished there were more options for what types of ads were included, because of the bugs.
Large businesses and enterprises use Airtable to manage their data in a similar way to a project management tool. Airtable is based on spreadsheets and can help you create solutions tailored for what teams need. Marketing, product, operations, HR, sales, and finance teams are helped by their pre-made templates and intuitive design.
- Various views of each project
- Workflow automations & integrations
- You can include over 50 pre-built apps.
- Real-time editing
All the options of Airtable!
Airtable has a free plan for individuals or those just starting out, and an enterprise option for more specific needs.
- Plus: $10/seat/month
- Pro: $20/seat/month
Airtable is more rudimentary than Bubble and Appy Pie because it is more for project management based on spreadsheets. It is one of the best project management platforms out there.
ClickUp wants to be the one app to replace them all. ClickUp has 35+ “ClickApps” and 50 action points for automations, documents, reports, project management and more. It has a no-code tool that connects different sources of information to create funnel and workflows.
- Nested documents and wikis with real-time collaboration
- 1,000+ native integrations
- Pre-built templates and drag-and-drop capabilities
- All of these features can be linked together.
- There are options to become a ClickUp expert.
A free forever plan is offered by ClickUp.
- Unlimited: $5/member/month
- Business: $9/member/month
- Business Plus: $19/member/month
ClickUp is best for small businesses. Lots of options are nice, but sometimes things can get a bit confusing.
AppSheet is a no-code app builder that allows you to design and create a full-service app in days. AppSheet applications can capture images, log locations, Scan barcodes, generate reports, send emails, apply logic, and more. AppSheet makes it easy for you to get your application made with an easy how-to guide and videos.
- Multi-platform app in real time
- Rich data collection
- The data can be captured and displayed across devices.
- Machine learning & process automation
- Access via web and mobile platforms
AppSheet application options.
You can start building and testing apps with up to 10 users for free using features from any plan. You can either choose one of the two plans or contact them directly for enterprise pricing.
- Starter: $5/user/month
- Core: $10/user/month
AppSheet can be a bit of a learning curve.
Business processes can be improved through a platform built from drag-and-drop spreadsheets, forms, charts and reports. While collaborating with your team from anywhere, simplify your workflows. Any organization can build an app to serve their customers in any industry.
- No Internet connectivity needed
- Kanban, Gantt, Cards and Diagrams views
- There are various templates for contacts, meetings, invoices, accounting, and more.
- On the Cloud, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and others.
What do you want to do with Ninox?
Ninox offers individual and team pricing options.
- Individual for Macs: 35 euros, one time purchase
- Individual for iPad: Free
- Individual for iPhone: Free
- Ninox Cloud: 10 euro/user/month
Since it is a newer platform, there are limited features.
Business and IT team collaboration can be enhanced with QuickBase. Even those of us with a minimal technical background can use QuickBase to manage and scale. Businesses use QuickBase to transform their ideas into applications.
- Both no-code and low code options
- Real-time roll outs without Internet connection needed
- Strict security and compliance certifications
- Tracked changes across all platforms
There are two paid plans and an enterprise plan.
- Team: $600/month, priced annually
- Business: $2,000/month, priced annually
Larger businesses don’t have personal pricing options. Some limitations are the same as other no-code platforms.
Businesses can build applications without coding with BettyBlocks. You can drag and drop any front end you want with the User Interface Builder. Process and manage data, develop new capabilities, and put it all together.
- Duplicatable app features
- Citizen Developers that build applications within Betty Blocks
- 100% cloud-based
- Automatic updates even while apps are running
- Flexible UI-builder
BettyBlocks provides lots of app options.
You have to contact Betty Blocks directly for pricing on the plans.
Betty Blocks might be a little basic for some people with no coding experience.
It is possible to design high quality applications without learning complicated design tools. You can do it all without design or technical skills.
- Design UI on a six-column layout
- Fields that can be used to capture geolocation, e-signature, audio, video, and much more.
- There are options to calculate fields, grid controls, sub-forms and facial recognition.
- Various app previews on different device options
Quixy gives you lots of development options.
There are two paid plans and a customization option. If you have a lot of apps, their plans are better.
- Solution: $1000/month, billed annually
- Platform: $18/user/month
Customer support and help options can still be built into the platform.
Benefits of No-Code App Builder
The main benefit of no-code app builders is that you don’t have to know how to code to get your work done. You can make apps just like these.
No-code app builders allow for:
- Improved workflows
- Quicker to market
- Easier collaboration
- Reduced costs
- Easier to test, edit, and update
- Less blockers
- Stronger collaboration
There might be some limitations to what the app builder can offer. The best of both worlds can be achieved if you use a low-code version. Before making a decision, check out the no-code platforms’ code modification capabilities.
No Code vs. Low Code App Builders
What is the difference between no-code and low-code? No-code builders give tools to organize information rather than input unique code, which will make them less functional and customizability.
No-code app builders:
- It’s best for non-developers and business creators.
- Have great UX & UI
- Provide drag-and-drop elements to design usable applications
- Allow non-technical users to use their imaginations to build applications.
- Don’t need code to integrate data with databases, web services, or the like.
There are two types of app builders: no-code and completely manual. Developers don’t have to replicate continuously code if they speed up application building.
- Techies and developers want to speed up their craft.
- Require coding knowledge, but also provide drag-and-drop elements
- Look to solve various software solutions
- It’s possible that you have an open system platform, which could cause bugs.
Many no-code application builders allow for coding modifications so that their pre-configured blocks can be edited and new elements can be created. The non-developers of the business can give insight into the unique needs of their business.
No-code development platforms allow anyone in part of a business to design the application of their dreams to either create a new product or streamline operations.
Take advantage of any free trials or plans before you make the final purchase of any of the no code applications on this list. If you have any coding knowledge in your back pocket, make sure they have low-code options to get the ultimate app-building experience.